Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 307

I realize that I have yet to post the pictures I promised. This is the post I had to put on hold, but it works better to be published today - on the first day of the new year!

Everyone has New Year Resolutions. We use them as a way to finally achieve and perfect everything we've been putting off.

A lot of the time, those resolutions are directly connected to how we feel about ourselves. As though the five pounds you promise you'll lose will magically make you love yourself more. And we get so angry at ourselves when the year passes and nothing has changed. Our confidence drops even more.

Sometimes to find that self-love, you just need to list the reasons why you are amazing. There's no one and no thing that can make you love yourself except you. And there's nothing wrong with telling the world how awesome you are. There's no point in humility if you can't recognize that you are a good, worthwhile person.

To this extent, I will demonstrate my Good Qualities utilizing my sweet new hair-do.


1. I'm pretty.


2. I'm fairly well-informed and erudite.


3. I love having breakfast for dinner.


4. I'm talented at many things and am always interested in learning more (like knitting!).


5. I can be funny sometimes, although usually by accident.


6. I look good in a turtleneck and have a unique, yet fashionable, sense of style.


7. My unending sarcasm and overblown ego, which is what attracted Zee in the first place.

This is just a short list of some of my fantastic qualities, but it's easy to forget that even perfect people get a little insecure sometimes.

;)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for sexxay new hair! And confidence! Haha I hope your year is incredible; you deserve it! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis