Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 295

I had plans for what I was going to write about today, but it completely flew out of my mind when I heard about military spouse blogger Cosmetology & Combat Boots.

Married and widowed in a matter of days. Her husband was accidentally shot a few weeks ago, and I think that, since being in the military comes with expected risks, it makes something this unexpected that more horrific.

Reading the post where she tried to communicate how she learned of the news, my gut was frozen in sympathy for her pain. I cannot imagine what I would do if I ever got such dreadful news about Zee.

My heart hurts for her, and her story reminds me that I need to be more aware of how blessed I am for every day I have with Zee, my family, and my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis