Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 294

My new favorite thing is the blogs of female soldiers. I've come across only two so far, but I've found them very interesting reads. I don't agree with everything they write, but, what I don't agree with, I understand completely how they can feel a certain way.

If you'd like to take a look, I found these two blogs on wordpress:


One of the topics I completely agreed with The Wayfaring Warrior on was the subject of competitiveness. She writes about how she is physically competitive with her husband, and I can understand this in my approach to my own relationship.

I don't feel competitive with her in the sense that I want to be better than her or beat her at something. I am challenging myself to be better tomorrow than I was yesterday in order to keep up with her.

Let me explain how awesomely intimidating my girlfriend is.

Instruments:
She plays the violin. She plays the piano. She plays the guitar (not at the same level as the other two, but still damn impressive).

Sports:
Zee has literally played almost every sport I can think of, except maybe hockey. She likes to golf and snowboard. She does some basketball, soccer, and volleyball. But her favorite is fencing, and that's something she's really good at. She's even said she would like to start competing again when she gets back. And I'm down for that, because Captain Jean-Luc Picard fences.
And it is therefore very sexy.

Languages
She speaks - English, Korean, Chinese
She's learning - Japanese
She knows a little - French, Spanish

Her goal is to speak all of the major Asian languages (I haven't yet mentioned that technically India is an Asian country...). And if you can't tell, she is well on her way to accomplishing just that goal.

Add all this on top of the fact that she likes to write some, is gorgeous, is fit as hell, is ambitious, and is the most awesome person...

...and you have a Kindle who feels like she needs to step it up a bit!



So! I'm keeping up with my exercises! I've kept my room clean for a week now! (Yes, that is an accomplishment...) I've been putting money into my savings! I've been keeping up with my writing! And...

...I just finished my first self Korean lesson! Courtesy of Zee's military Rosetta Stone access.

I'm liking the Rosetta method, and I think my favorite word so far is (spelled phonetically in my American way) "KOO-ki-ri," which is "elephant."

It makes me happy.

So what's left on my list of things that I will find self-fulfilling? Working my way through the books piling up beside my bed....

1 comment:

  1. oh Rosetta Stone! I've been wanting to learn so many languages with that. But the price tag keeps me away. I didn't know the soldiers can get their fingers on them! I'm a new follower thanks to Amber from One me, two monsters!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis