Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 336

Day 22: Something You Wish You Hadn't Done

This one was so difficult, I actually had to go to my mom and sister for help. Sure, I should regret that time I robbed the bank and left my mentally handicapped sidekick to take the rap...

...ahem.

I only regret the things I haven't done. Mistakes I've made, I realize in retrospect the positive repercussions. Things I've done that were stupid or careless I know are inconsequential and not really worth regretting.

I regret times I've been dishonest or hurt people, but, if I hadn't done those things, where would I be now?

Now, the people featured on Ugliest Tattoos really have a lot of regrets.


Edit 12/7/10: I take this whole post back. I do regret something. Yesterday I was going through my jewelry, and saw the necklace that Heather gave me. It was necklace that an ex had given her. She and I had traded "ex" jewelry so that at least the pretty things wouldn't go to waste.

The only difference was that mine was a ring that I had bought. It was probably the most idiotic decision of my life. I knew it was wrong as I was doing it, but I thought that I could save a relationship by proving that I was committed. Even though as I was still keeping an eye out for anyone who could potentially take her place. So... I bought an engagement ring. Ugh. The stupidity in that statement still hurts me. I can't believe that was me. I would take it back in a heartbeat if I could.

So, yeah. There's something I wish I hadn't done. It was a waste of money. A waste of a gesture. It was pointless. Just like the whole relationship. I can only be glad that the pretty ring is on the finger of someone who truly deserves diamonds, on the hand of someone who was brought into my life through that waste of relationship.

I guess that means that nothing in life is really a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis