Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 329

Just knockin' down the days...

I wish I could say I understand all that's going on with Don't Ask Don't Tell at the moment. I haven't had time to read the articles, sadly. Work has been busy, leaving me exhausted. Hopefully Sunday I can read deeper into the issue and provide a summation of my opinion.

For now...

Tonight mom and I went to our favorite local Asian restaurant. It was delicious, of course. But towards the end of the meal, we start smelling something bad. I said, "Moldy shoes." Mom said, "Cat urine."

We compromised on, "Cat urine on moldy shoes."

Concerned, I brought up the odor to our waitress. She, unfortunately, was suffering sinus blockage in addition to a face-full of some lady's obnoxious vanilla perfume.

Our waitress then wondered out-loud, "Is it the table?" And she instantly bobbed her head down to the table level and took a long sniff. She paused, shook her head, and stood back up.

"No, not that..."

Mom was holding back her laughter. I was just flabbergasted.

We never did find out what the smell was.


Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself and why.

I hope to become less selfish. I have a wonderful ego, sure, but sometimes I do become too self-absorbed.

I've said more than once that my relationships in life are what matter most, but I don't want to lose those through accidental negligence.

But thankfully those closest to me realize the magnitude of my ego, and they go a long way towards helping me focus on what is most important in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis