Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 317

45 Weeks to Go

For my obligatory celebration -

Obama Signed the Repeal!! We have only 60 Days until it's in affect!

I wonder if those are 60 "business days"...

As this year ends, I am looking ahead to my year without Zee. I'm not happy about it, but I have so many things that I want to get done before her return, I'm starting to feel overwhelmed!

Kindle's New Years Resolutions
- Get Fit
- Write a novel, rough draft
- Learn Korean
- Find some way to make extra cash (selling crafts, modeling, etc.)
- Still maintain an active family and social life

It's sounds like a short list, but a lot of work is required to accomplish these goals.

To manage it all, I'm doing exactly what I did my senior year of college, and it's pretty much the best thing when I begin to feel overwhelmed - I have plotted out my schedule for the entire year (in pencil, of course). Every visit to the gym, every hour of study, every needed purchase, every house hunt - I'm laying it all down.

It may seem over-the-top and extremely Type A of me, but it helps me feel like I'm in control of my life. I have a tendency to forget to do things unless I write them down, so if I don't plot out how I'm going to achieve my resolutions - they will never get done.

I've definitely already started on my goal to get fit. I actually just got back from the gym, which was sorely needed after all the chocolate I ate at work. And as I was running, I started craving a burger so badly. And there's no need to keep you in suspense. I got the burger.

I don't feel disheartened by what I eat. "Bad" foods are fairly infrequent in my diet, as long as I think ahead. And I care more about getting in shape than counting my calories. After all, the more I work out, the better my metabolism will get, and the better able I will be to burn all the calories I love to eat.


And I already feel minorly accomplished in my Getting Fit Goal. Today, my body was actually looking forward to the exercise. And when I checked into my fitness center on Foursquare, I was informed that I am now mayor of my gym. I plan to continue my Gym Mayor Dominance - at least until Zee comes home.

1 comment:

  1. I would hold off on your 60-day countdown. They still have to certify that the military is ready for this to be implemented. Once, the certification is complete, then the 60-day countdown starts. There is no time line set for certification. It could take a day or it could take a decade. Just depends on politics and other factors.

    Here's a good article on the matter: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/23/gates.dadt/

    Sorry to spoil your excitement...

    But, YAY! for being mayor of your gym! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis