Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 364

Ok, not going to lie. This morning was worse. I've never gone so long without contact from her. Even when we couldn't see each other for a couple weeks, we were almost constantly texting and calling.

So imagine how I felt when I'm sitting in my company meeting and I distantly hear a phone ringing. "Hmm, that sound famil-oh shit!"

I just got a new phone, so the ringtone is new to me.

I didn't get to the phone in time.

I was crushed. Desperately pleading with the phone, tears in my eyes, and a fervent prayer in my heart.

And she called back! :D and I ignored the meeting going on inside to go stand out in the cold and talk with her.


I feel like today is truly the start of this year-long journey. One day is down. That's one day I can put behind me. It's a milestone that has struck the ground and shattered into a thousand pieces like breadcrumbs leading me forward in time, backwards to her, and onward to our future.

There's not much else to say about today. It's another day at the salon. Another day without her. I suppose I could rant about the injustice of Don't Ask Don't Tell or about how there are no resources out there that truly cater to me and my specific needs, but I don't have the energy or heart for those right now. Maybe on Day 294.

I will, however, say a HUGE THANK YOU to my wifey, Heather, for making my blog design. She's the best! And you can check out her blog for interesting reads on her military life in Hawaii.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's hard to believe right now, but it will get better. Not easier, just better. Hard to explain in words, but you'll see what I mean. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis