Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 233


How did I miss this??



Apparently some beautiful Representatives are introducing a new bill, called the Respect for Marriage Act, that will make the Defense of Marriage Act completely defunct.

Yay!!

I find it funny that I read this after having a very vivid dream of mine and Zee's future wedding...

Oh, yeah. It's going to happen, whether the Southern Baptists like it or not!

Well, it's going to happen when Zee asks. And Zee knows that I don't want to get married until it's recognized by all 50-damn-tastic States.

Because I refuse to be recognized as married in one part of my country, but not in another.



Now that this wheel is in motion, all that's left is for the stooooooooopid Military to quit being lazy, bureaucratic bums and officially enact the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

Because at the rate we're going, when Zee's plane finally lands, I'll have to act like we're just really good friends instead of lovers who have been separated for a year.

And as a girl who was formerly in the closet, let me tell you, that is the most difficult act of all.

1 comment:

  1. Whether southern baptists like it or not...hahaha. When B-man first told his family about me, his grandmother asked if I was Catholic. She replied, "Oh great. Now we are going to have a bunch of B-mans running around." What an interesting group.

    That's exciting news though! I hadn't heard of that potential bill. It should be recognized as legal throughout the country. I wouldn't suggest to any gay person to move to Massachusetts just to get married because then they have to deal with Massachusetts in order to keep it legal like I have heard people have done.It's cold. it's rude. it's expensive.

    Anyway, yay almost!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis