Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 326

I was able to talk with Zee today for longer than usual, and that was amazing.

But it is so odd to me how she has to be "in the closet" at all times. I asked her today who knows she's gay, and the answer was nobody.

And I hurt for her.

I think the people in power and those who are straight don't understand the mental and emotional stress of hiding such a large part of your life.

For instance, it sucks being separated for a year. But I can easily talk to friends, family, and coworkers about my emotions and stresses, and it helps me cope.

Who can Zee easily talk to?

Some politicians want to keep Don't Ask Don't Tell in place because repealing it would damage unit cohesion.

How condusive is it to have a team member who is made to lie and prohibited from acknowledging their strong emotions?


And to think that all we ask for is the equal right to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis